The meaning of the bat emoji
The icon of a bat emoji is a symbol representing Batman. The sign may also relate to the mammal animal itself, or the comic character's logo. The bat emoji can mean "Batman is one of my favorite superheroes!" or "I dislike bats!".
The bat emoji design varies as a black, brown, or gray bat, with pointy ears and wings outspread facing left or forward. The bat emoji is often used about Halloween, Batman, and vampires. For example, the bat emoji illustrates the flying mammal, which is awake in the night and asleep in the daytime.
Since the bat generally lives in the tree hollows or caves, it is widely associated with 🧛 Vampires. Hence, the bat emoji signifies something scary, used with emojis like 🌑 the new moon emoji and other similar signs. Besides, the symbol is used for natural diversity, nighttime 🌃., caves, 🏕️ Camping near mountains, and 🎃 Halloween.
Unicode and Shortcode for bat emoji
To get the bat emoji on your mobile or computer, you can use Unicode or Shortcode character without a special emoji keyboard installed. All you need to do is to choose the emoji, copy and then paste the symbol: 🦇. You must select it as a regular text and copy to your clipboard or message input. Once doing so, you can switch to another web site, blog post, or application to paste the bat emoji using the only context menu or keyboard. Use Ctrl/Cmd+C keys to copy, and then - Ctrl/Cmd+V to paste the bat emoji.
Even if the bat emoji or icon looks like a question mark or black/empty square, it most probably will be automatically translated into an appropriate image by the device or application you paste it.
Other useful characters see below if you want to type the bat emoji anywhere you want.
- Unicode character for the bat emoji: U+1F987
- Shortcode for the bat emoji: :bat:
- Hex code points for the bat emoji: 1F987.
Bat emoji HTML entities
Generally, HTML entities are used on web sites, blogs, and various posts. You can type the bat emoji HTML entity code in two ways: decimal 🦇, or hexadecimal 🦇 form. Once you submit the emoji, the system will convert the icon into the emoji.
Bat emoji Alt codes for Windows
Using the Unicode character with a particular code value up to U+0ffff with its Alt code, you can quickly get your bat emoji in MS Windows. Here are the directions:
- Hit and hold the Alt key button on your keyboard.
- Press the Plus (+) button on your numeric keypad.
- Type the Unicode (*the hexadecimal) value digit-by-digit.
- As a result, release the Alt key button to see your emoji.
Be wary and read the following notes carefully:
- Note 1 - the above method operates only for Unicode codepoints up to U+0ffff and bellows too.
- Note 2 - If this method does not work, you should check settings in your Windows Registry. If you do not know what the Registry option is, then do not try it. Instead, run "regedit.exe" and then navigate to the "HKEY_Current_User/Control/Panel/Input". Once doing that, add "EnableHexNumpad key" with a type of "REG_SZ" and set the system it to "1". Note that you may need to log off and then get back on to enable the input type.
How to use the bat emoji in texts
There are some popular phrases and examples with the bat emoji to use in messengers:
- "Halloween is coming 🦇. "
- "My attic is full of creepy bats 🦇. "
Check some combinations of various emojis placed together. You may use these combos to make riddles or message without words. See examples below:
- 🦇 🤵 🃏 - it means "Batman."
- 🦇 🌲 - it means "it is scary into the woods."
- 🎃 🕸️ 🦇 👻 - it means "Halloween decorations."