About activate Windows 10 watermark
If your Windows 10 status shows that it is not activated, you will immediately see a watermark right in the bottom right corner of your PC screen. You will also find the "Activate Windows, Go to Settings to activate Windows" watermark which appears on the top screen of any apps or windows that you have open. Be wary that using your Windows 10 without activating it first, may ruin your experience. Since Windows 10 watermark shows up on top of anything you open on your desktop, you will not be able to watch videos, movies, or even to enjoy web browsing.
However, some simple ways enable you to hide the activate windows watermark temporarily. Additionally, there is another option to remove it permanently, once you activate Windows. Note that in some cases, the activate windows watermark does not fully disappear after windows activation. Below you will find some ways to get rid of that watermark.
How to temporarily disable Activate Windows 10 Watermark
You can temporarily disable activate windows watermark without having to activate Windows 10. But be informed that this method will not activate any features that are not available to you without activating your Windows. Hence, if you wish to gain access to features like personalizing PC, you will need to purchase Windows.
For this method, we should use the Windows Registry Editor. Follow the steps below:
- Press and hold your Windows key on your PC keyboard, and tap “R”, by which you will open the “Run” app. Then, enter the word Regedit and press on “OK” to open up the “Registry Editor.”
- In the Registry Editor, you must navigate by clicking on the arrow icon. Next, navigate to the following location:
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” → SOFTWARE → Microsoft → Windows NT → Current Version → Software Protection Platform → Activation”.
- Now, double click on the “Manual entry” button. You should change the Value data right from 0 to 1. Then, tap OK and leave the Registry Editor. Now, restart your PC.
- You will see that the activate windows watermark is disabled. But is not a permanent solution, since the windows watermark will appear again, after a short period of time. Luckily, you can repeat this method, once the watermark appears again.
How to permanently remove the Activate Windows 10 Watermark
If you want to permanently remove the activate windows trademark, follow the steps listed below. Note that this method will not activate features that are not available to you if you have not activated your Windows yet. To complete this process, you will have to use a local user with administrative permissions.
- Open up the Notepad app by clicking on its icon. If you cannot see it, try to search for Notepad in the search engine bar.
- Then, paste the following text to a new, empty notepad:
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Now, tap on File, then choose Save as. Alternatively, you may click the Control key, Shift and S, simultaneously to open up the same option.
- You should name the new file remove.bat, then change the "File type" to "All Files (*.*)".
- Next, save the file somewhere where you will easily find it, such as the Desktop or Documents folder.
- Go to where you saved the file, and right-click it. Then, select ‘Run as administrator.”
- Once doing so, you will see a command prompt open and close. Once it closes, you should restart your PC to complete the process.
How to activate Windows 10 to remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark
In order to get rid of the “activate windows watermark|, you need to activate your windows. Activating a copy of your Windows is the intended method of removing the watermark which is usually placed on top of your PC screen. Other than that, you may also gain access to locked features, to personalize your computer, and access to most frequent updates from Microsoft office.
Depending on when and how you purchased your Windows 10, you will either have a digital license or a 25-character product key. Here is a full list from Microsoft’s support page to guide to determine which activation process you will need to use:
- Upgrade Windows for free right from an eligible device.
- Buy a Windows Pro upgrade right from the Microsoft Store.
- Be a Windows Insider.
- Buy a copy of your Windows 10 from an authorized retailer.
- Buy a digital copy of your Windows 10 from an authorized retailer.
- Have a Volume Licensing agreement for your Windows subscription.
- Buy a new/refurbished device running on Windows 10.
- Buy Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store.
Below you will find a guide for a digital license holder to activate windows 10.
How to activate Windows with a digital license
Generally, a digital license is issued to your PC if you either purchase a copy of either Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro or have upgraded to Windows 10 from an eligible device. Follow the instructions given below:
- Open up the “Start” menu and press Settings. Alternatively, you may use the Windows + I shortcut key to open the app.
- Press on Update & Security.
- Switch to the “Activation tab” right from the left-side menu.
- Choose the Go to Microsoft Store category. If it is not displayed on your screen, then try looking for Microsoft Store in the PC search bar.
- You will see the Windows 10 page. If it is not opened automatically, then you need to use the Windows Store’s search bar to locate it.
- Now you will see one of two messages on the page:
- If you see the “Install” button, tap on the button to receive Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro on your PC with a digital license activated.
- If you see the “Buy” button, you may have to purchase Windows 10 or Windows 10 Pro once again. In that case, try to log in to your Microsoft account which you used to purchase Windows 10.
- After completing the above-mentioned steps and the installation of your chosen Windows version, your PC system will be immediately activated.