About Currys PC World
Currys, which is branded as Currys PC World is a British-based electrical retailer which serves the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Currys is owned and operated by Dixons Carphone. Currys specialises mainly in selling household appliances and home electronics. Many of its brand shops which are located in the United Kingdom trade right under the Currys PC World brand, by which it reflects the acquisition of PC World by Dixons back in 1993.
PC World itself was a retail chain of market computer megastores. It was founded in November 1991, and soon became the part of Dixons Retail back in February 1993. Then in August 2014, after the merger of Dixons Retail and Carphone Warehouse, it joined the Dixons Carphone. All of the physical shops of the PC World in the United Kingdom now trade right under the combined "Currys PC World" brand, merged with Currys.
History of Currys
Currys was first incorporated as a business in 1927 when the sons of bicycle manufacturer, commonly known as Henry Curry merged The Louth Bicycle Company. Henry Curry started his business in Leicester in 1850. Later in 1909, the loose confederation of its company shops was given to his four sons after Henry Curry's retirement.
By the 1940s, the Currys shops were sold a vast variety of goods such as toys, bicycles, radios and gramophones. In 1932, the Currys pulled out of cycle manufacturing, when Leicester factory was closed. Despite that fact, the company continued to retail bikes which were badged as Currys, right until the 1960s. Meanwhile, mainly under the directorship of family member Dennis Curry among the years of 1967 and 1984, Currys underwent through a considerable expansion to become one of the leading high street suppliers of TVs and white goods (such as washing machines, refrigerators, and other domestic appliances). Then by 1984, the Currys Group PLC (shortly referred to as Currys) had already 570 shops, which was twice as many as the company which was then to acquire it.
What does Currys PC World com provide?
At the official site of Currys www Currys co UK, you can find several categories, such as:
- Household Appliances (including Cooking, Laundry, Refrigeration, Dishwashing, Small kitchen appliances, Cookware & bakeware, and Floorcare sections).
- TV and Audio (including TVs, DVD, Blu-ray & home cinema, TV accessories, Digital & smart TV, Gaming, Home broadband & TV packages, and Audio).
- Computing (including Laptops, iPad, Tablets & eReaders, Desktop PCs, Printers, Projectors, Smart tech, Networking, and PC accessories).
- Gaming (including Console Gaming, PC Gaming, Components & upgrades, Gaming accessories, Virtual reality, Live gaming stores, and Broadband for gaming).
- Cameras (such as Digital cameras, Camcorders, and Photography accessories).
- Mobile Phones (For example, Pay monthly mobiles, SIM-free mobiles & accessories, Broadband, Telephones, and Satnav).
- Smart Tech (including Smart Home, Smart Fitness & Watches, Smart Toys & Gadgets, Smart Home Security, Smart Lighting, Home Voice Control, and Smart Heating).
- Home and Outdoor (For instance, Musical Instruments, Hobbies & Toys, Garden & Outdoor, Home Accessories, Cooking & Baking, and Office Furniture.
Besides the above-mentioned products, Currys PC World offers the following services to all its customers, such as:
- Next day delivery;
- Care and repair;
- Your Plan credit;
- Professional installation;
- ShopLive 24/7, a video call with an expert to help you shop at Currys PC World.
The site is quite easy and convenient to use. There you will find all about the offered products, for example, information about the home and outdoors, mobile phones, etc. Also, there are various articles about advice and inspiration to help customers easily plan and shop through Currys. It is noteworthy to mention that the Currys PC World provides Expert buying guides to its customers. What does that mean? Expert buying guides help customers receive all the necessary information about the product. There is also an explanation, why you have to buy this or that product, how much the product costs, how to buy, etc.